Re: moving an installed Debian system onto RAID-1

On Jul 5, 2004, at 3:56 AM, Robert Waldner wrote:
Thanks, but I'm not using an initrd kernel in this case.

Sorry, I don't have any other thoughts for you then. I'm not sure how that works... Without an initrd kernel, and booting from the initrd, GRUB/LILO would have to hand off the boot to a kernel running on a physical device which would then have to be remounted as md came up... I don't think that'll work (?).

Someone with a better understanding of the boot process could jump in here and explain, but I think that is part of the problem.

That's all I can think of...?  Sorry, I'm not much help at this point.

Nate Duehr, nate@natetech.com