Re: nfs-kernel-server and firewalls

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, Tom Allison wrote:

> I guess what I should be asking is where/how do I bind specific ports?
>
> I can't find anything in the man pages (at least the ones I'm looking
> at) to set this up.  I am running the kernel based server so I may have

What I had in mind was to add the option -p PORTNUM to rpc.statd and
rpc.mountd in /etc/init.d/nfs-common and /etc/init.d/nfs-kernel-server.
This way you would have to specify in your firewall rules for the above
ports plus 111 for portmap and 2049 for rpc.nfsd. Unfortunately I have
just realized that it is not possible (I don't know how...) to do the same
trick with rpc.lockd. So, I guess that the solution supplied by Ernest
Johanson is the best one.

Greetings,
  Tad