Re: audio on DELL latitude d400 screwed up

On 04 Jul 2004, Uwe Dippel <udippel@uniten.edu.my> wrote:
> Installed testing on a DELL Latitude d400 with 2.6.6 kernel.
> Now audio is screwed up, though dmesg identifies the i810 correctly (??).
>
> The problem is a very skewed pitch and distortion of the signals on XMMS,
> but also with a .wav redirected to /dev/audio.
> You can barely recognise the original signal.
>
> The chip is identified as Sigmatel 9750.

Are you using ALSA or OSS? I have the same notebook and had problems
with the ALSA driver. The OSS driver works fine for me and therefore I
haven't bothered to take a closer look at the ALSA driver.

By the way, my chip is reported by lspci as "Intel Corp. 82801DB (ICH4)
AC'97 Audio Controller".

--
Philipp Weis          pweis@pweis.com
Freiburg, Germany     http://pweis.com/