Re: moby-thesaurus.dict

On Sat, 3 Jul 2004 07:58 pm, Silvan wrote:

> # Older dictionary database packages did not automatically invoke
> # /usr/sbin/dictdconfig upon installation and removal, so you may
> # need to do so manually (after which, you should restart dictd).

Ah-Ha!

root@BAPhD:/home/bra# ll /usr/sbin/dict*
ls: /usr/sbin/dict*: No such file or directory

root@BAPhD:/home/bra# ll /usr/sbin/*config
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           14 Jun 16
19:31 /usr/sbin/apacheconfig -> apache-modconf
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          835 Jan 22
07:34 /usr/sbin/cupsconfig
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         2121 Feb 25
15:53 /usr/sbin/fdutilsconfig
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         6161 Feb 11  and so on (in
alphabetical order)

I also searched throughout /usr and /etc - still no dictdconfig.

> That's what did the trick for me last time, I think.  IIRC it picks
> up any new .dict.gz and .index files and adds them automagically to
> the /var/lib/dictd/db.list file, which shouldn't be hand-edited.

> If those words weren't magic enough, I'll post my complete config for
> this thing.

Looks like this could be REAL helpful!  :-)

--
Regards,
Brian