Re: Mono tutorial --> gtk-sharp?

* [Saturday 03 July 2004 18:27] Eduard Bloch:

> > www.gotmono.com/docs/gnome/bindings/gtk-sharp/getstart.html a shot,
> > but compiling the very first tiny example yields errors (about not
> > finding the assemblies 'gtk-sharp.dll' and 'glib-sharp.dll'.
>
> Don't follow deprecated guides. This method did work with alpha
> versions of Mono when all .dll and .so files have been thrown into
> /usr/lib but does not work anymore.
>
> Nowadays, run:
>
> mcs helloworld.cs /pkg:gtk-sharp

Hm.

* Thanks.

* How could/should I've known that the mentioned introduction is
  deprecated? Do you perhaps know some tutorial-like introductory
  material that is more up to date? While the libraries seem to
  be extensively documented, such a reference isn't what I'm looking
  for just yet.

Greets,
Tom