Re: Fonts in Open Office not anti aliased

> the solution. I found a document though with which you can see if open
> office is using anti aliased fonts:
> http://mumford1.dyndns.org/~bs7452/linuxhelp/aa_test.sxw

That test isn't reliable.  Arial and Helvetica are obviously identical here,
but the fonts are most assuredly antialiased, as magnifying them reveals.

I might have set up an alias within OO.o itself, come to think of it.  I have
a consistent problem with Helvetica.  It wants to be a bitmapped screen font,
and it can't be antialiased.  The best remedy is to steer well away from
Helvetica and use something else.

I wish I could tell you exactly how I got here.  The truth is I got here by
wildly flailing around trying stupid things.

If you run KDE, the new font installer stuff is helpful.  Beyond that, I don't
really have a clue.  Whenever I try to understand how fonts work in X, I just
wind up very angry and frustrated.  It's horrible.

--
Michael McIntyre  ----   Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/