Re: exim-tls removed, but exim4 replaces it, but exim4 conflicts with mutt?

On Sat, Jul 03, 2004 at 12:33:20AM -0400, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:

> crypto is now in "main"  (has been for a while)

Then the message from apt-get that exim-tls is replaced by exim4 is damned
confusing.  (I almost typed "dmaned confusing".)

> The exim4-base package doesn't provide an MTA.  It is merely a
> collection of stuff common to all the various builds of exim4 that are
> provided (this is noted in the package's description).  apt wants to
> remove mutt not due to a conflict, but rather due to a missing
> dependency.  Install one of the
>   exim4-daemon-light
>   exim4-daemon-heavy
>   exim4-daemon-custom
> packages to satisfy mutt (and cron, and ...) dependency on
> mail-transport-agent.

Ahh ... thanks.

As it turns out I now have Exim 3 doing what I want, so I have no special
reason to upgrade, but thanks for the explanations.
--
Carl Fink             carl@fink.to
Jabootu's Minister of Proofreading