Re: signature check failed

Hello

Richard Wilbur (<richardpublic@wilburz.com>) wrote:

> I've been trying off and on to install Debian Woody from CD base +
> network apt (under dselect) on a different machine (it doesn't work,
> yet).  I have had good luck downloading and rotten luck installing
> packages downloaded.  With recent availability of more package updates
> my current count of uninstalled packages is 305.  I started trying to
> install last Fall but ran into
> "Authenticating /var/cache/apt/archives/<package>.deb
>  debsig:  Origin signature check failed.  This deb might not be
> signed."

As far as I know all the normal Debian packages are unsigned (at least
at this time).

> [...]
>
> I have been quite enamored of the Debian package management system and
> still enjoy the availability of new packages and level of user control
> afforded by dselect.  On the other hand, I don't know how to get past
> the debsig errors.

If the Debian packages are unsigned, you should configure debsig not to
require sigs for these packages, or maybe remove it completeley.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270
Registered Linux User #267976