Re: How do I get rid of the mutt mail headers?

Incoming from Jon Dowland:
> On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 09:54:19 -0600, s. keeling <keeling@spots.ab.ca> wrote:
> >
> > Incoming from Jake Johnson:
> > >
> > > I am trying to get rid of the mutt mail headers.  I don't like it
> > > that I have to page through so much text just to read the email.
> > > Please note that it is not the verbose headers either.
> >
> > ignore *
>
> You can find this information, and more, in the excellent mutt manual,
> available as text in /usr/share/doc/mutt/manual.txt.gz, or as html at

Very true.  Sometimes though, with programs so rich in configuration
options as is mutt, it's nice to see examples of usage of all the
players at once.  Last week, I spent some time fiddling with a nugget
I found on Usenet and managed temporarily to royally screw things up.
It took a bit of time to figure out what I'd done.

Here's another goodie for the OP:

# Show documentation when pressing F1
#
macro generic <f1> "!zless /usr/share/doc/mutt/manual.txt.gz\n" "Show Mutt documentation"
macro index   <f1> "!zless /usr/share/doc/mutt/manual.txt.gz\n" "Show Mutt documentation"
macro pager   <f1> "!zless /usr/share/doc/mutt/manual.txt.gz\n" "Show Mutt documentation"

- -