dselect won't show newer version, apt does. (was Re: gimp dependency problems in Sid)

Apparently, _Thomas Adam_, on 07/02/04 07:42,typed:
--- Ricky Clarkson <ricky.clarkson@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 14:11:53 -0400, H. S. <greatexcalibur@yahoo.com>
wrote:

So looks like gimp-data is newer and gimp is not. How do I get around
this problem: Downgrade gimp-data or maybe newer gimp is yet to come?

I just installed gimp 2.0.2-3 from sid, and it installed gimp-data
2.0.2-3 also.  I cannot reproduce your problem.

By the way, I used apt-get install gimp

He's proably using an old mirror that has not synced -- check your
/etc/apt/sources.list file.

dselect shows gimp-2.0.2-2, but "apt-get -s install gimp" shows that 2.0.2-3 version will be installed. I added a couple of other apt sourced (one in Germany and one in Neatherlands), and dselect and apt-get still show the same information as before. So I have just install gimp with apt-get. Wonder what is wrong with dselect.

->HS