Re: Creating own installer images

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 18:05:55 BST, =?iso-8859-1?q?Thomas=20Adam?= writes:
>> I need to create special Debian installer images, as we have machines
>>  here with Promise PDC20378 S-ATA RAID controllers and need to install
>>  Woody on them. The driver for this controller was opensourced, but
>>  it's only available as a module, so no luck with just building it
>>  statically into the kernel.

>Read the following URLs:
>
>http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/svn/debian-installer/installer/doc/custom-kernel.
>txt
>http://oregonstate.edu/~kveton/debian/

I already found those, but trying to work with the instructions in the
 latter, no matter what I did, I couldn't get the kernel.sh part working.
 It always wants to _download_ my custom kernel image, no matter where I
 placed it.

And with the former, it failed at the
.-.-.-.
	Step 2. Kernel udebs

	Unpack the source package linux-kernel-di-i386 (other arches,
	 replace i386 with your arch). In its source tree, edit the
	 kernel-versions file.
	Each line in this file is a kernel version, you can comment out
	 all but one, and modify that one to match the version of your
	 custom kernel.
.-.-.-.
 step. I did as required, inserted my custom kernel details, and
 commented out all the other entries, but afterwards it always
 complained that it couldn't find the kernels I just commented out.

cheers,
&rw
--
/ Ing. Robert Waldner | Security Engineer |  CoreTec IT-Security  \
\   <rw@coretec.at>   | T +43 1 503 72 73 | F +43 1 503 72 73 x99 /