Re: Re: Re: program starts with 3 threads

Mark Pictor wrote:

Mmm, think I heard something about this.  Expect - as
in tcl, right?  I think that the debian version of tcl
is compiled with a unusual option which causes it to
always have several threads.  I didn't know that it
cause instabilities; how I heard about it was that a
script was failing because the prog it was trying to
kill didn't seem to die... (emc, at linuxcnc.org)

I *think* this is dealing with the same issue:
http://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=160320

Mark

Thank you Mark and Simon, my first post to the list has been solved. I recompiled tcl, tk and expect from source without multi-threading and it works like a charm.

Love debian, love the community.

Thanks, Jono.