Re: Network Filesystem: NFS or Distributed?

On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 01:00:15 +0200, Mike Mestnik wrote:
> I see the need for a distributed database and all, what I'm not finding is
> a step by step howto.  Something on the lines of type this in.  I had
> installed openafs-fileserver(deb-pkg) on paladen but that didn't seam to
> help any.  Any one with experiance might help by inproving the pkg's
> debconfig:)
>
> Is NFS still the right choice for me?
> To set that up, I echo "$path-to-share client(rw)" >> /etc/exports; and
> apt-get.

NFS will work, though that is centred on having 1 server and multiple
clients connected to it. For a more distributed setup, you may find
coda useful, though when I checked 2+ years ago it only supported
~15MB shares.

--
Stephen Patterson http://patter.mine.nu/
steveSPAM@.patter.mine.nu  remove SPAM to reply