Re: fast, tabbed, gnome/wm- compliant terminal

On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 10:20, Thomas Adam wrote:
> --- Zenaan Harkness <zen@freedbms.net> wrote:

> > > It's an issue with the way gnome-terminal handles a redraw, that's
> > all.
> >
> > This is true. I have tried many test, and xterm is fine. I just can't
> > (yet) get xterms to open on different virtual desktops automatically.
>
> Which WM are you using?

Metacity.

I'm thinking of changing though. I do like the GNOME virt. desktop
pager, panels, and the fact that my Epiphany (gnome's mozilla) windows
are remembered across reboots.

And of course my xterms.

On the other hand, if I can lay out my xterms manually, then I can just
stick em in a shell script and run that each time I boot up to get all
my terms up in a single hit. I already have a script for starting
gkrellm, ssh tunnel and gkrellm attached to my server.

tia
zen