Re: Debian Woody.

--- GEOFF BAGLEY <geoff.bagley@btinternet.com> wrote:

> My only  current problem is my desire for a Pascal Compiler.  The only
> ones
> I might wish for
> are gpc and fpc,  both of which are not found in the "stable" Woody
> version.

They are, I suspect though you have not got a proper /etc/apt/sources.list
file. Re-run:

apt-setup

(as root)

Then:

apt-get update && apt-get -u dist-upgrade

Then install 'gpc'.

> Can anyone offer any help ?  Should I include "unstable" downloads into
> Woody ?

No, not currently. This is potentially a bad idea, due to library issues,
versions, dependencies, etc. gpc is there.

-- Thomas Adam

=====
"TAG Editor"                 -- http://linuxgazette.net

experience will probably kill you. :)"