Re: Comparision presentation of Debian with RedHat

On Wednesday 30 June 2004 08:37 pm, Alvin Oga wrote:

> *.deb and *.rpm patches are readily available, but...

That brings to mind an opposing point, actually.  I don't have statistics to
back this up, but my gut says at least 75% of the Linux world runs on
RPM-based distros for better or worse.  I've found some occasions when
running a "non-standard" packaging system meant a lot more work for me.
Especially getting politically-incorrect hardware to work.

Not enough to give up Debian by a long shot, but I do wish the wRetched
Package Mangler would die a quiet death, leaving people no choice but to
provide .debs on such occasions.

--
Michael McIntyre  ----   Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/