Re: tips on using "screen"?

--- Zenaan Harkness <zen@freedbms.net> wrote:

> How can I get screen to accept keyboard shortcuts for these two cycling
> functions?

You can use "bind" and "bindkey" for screen.

> And back on xterms - does anyone know something that doesn't have the
> redraw problems of gnome-terminal, yet is included in the gnome-session
> save function (I have two monitors, and use two virtual desktops
> frequently, and have three set up to my tastes).

What does this save function do? If you want to log output, there's a
number of options:

1. Launch an xterm.
   script -f ~/outputscript
   app 1
   app 2
   ^D
   (view file ~/outputscript)

2. Use "ttyrec" which actually records tty sessions so you can play them
back.

> Alternatively (or in addition), is it easy to start xterms on the
> different virtual desktops - I can specify x,y,w,h but can I specify
> virtual desktop?

This depends on the window manager. But as xterm supports -xrm hints, it
is possible to do something like:

xterm -xrm 'Desk 1 2'

-- Thomas Adam

=====