Re: automounting

Ok, I sort of have automounting working. I'm using it with kernel 2.6.7, compiled in as a module and with the autofs package installed. However, even though during my bootup messages I get
starting automounter: /var/autofs/misc
and even though there's a probe line for it in /etc/modutils/autofs, and i also tried adding an alias line which didn't change anything, the only way I can get this to work is to first modprobe autofs4 and then do
/etc/init.d/autofs start
after that I'm able to access the cdrom, cdrecorder and flopy using the respective keywords with /var/autofs/misc/ So what do I do to get the module to load and autofs to be running without having to do it manually?thanks.

--
Cheryl