Re: Debian Installer + LVM

On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 05:06:39PM +1000, Michael Bellears wrote:
> Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 17:06:39 +1000
> From: Michael Bellears <MBellears@staff.datafx.com.au>
> To: debian <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
> Subject: Debian Installer + LVM
>
> Is there any trick to using LVM with the Debian Installer?
>
> I partition the HD ->
>
> Config the logical Vol. Manager -> Configure Volume Group -> Create Vol.
> Group.
>
> And I get: No physical volumes (i.e. partitions) were found in your
> system...

  Have you created physical volumes? What installer are you using?

  In beta-3 in partitioner you may mannualy partition HD, create
partition table of your taste, create partitions and choose their use.
One type of partion use is physical volume for LVM.

  I've just tried beta-3 of Sarge installer and I have to say that I'm
impressed. Great job, folks. I've installed my current system from
beta-2 on lvm, beside root partition, but in beta-2 me had to format
physical volume from shell, as I didn't find how to do it from
installer.

  Good luck!

--
Alexei Chetroi