Re: Temp and fan speed monitoring in GKrellM

Chris Metzler wrote:

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 01:09:19 -0400
MillTek <mill.tek@verizon.net> wrote:
Hi,
Can anyone recommend a good tutorial in using GKrellM to monitor system and cpu temps and fan speeds? I've read a few but so far have only been

able to get CPU temp sdisplayed. My board is an Abit NF7-M with Athlon
2500.

Is it really just gkrellm that you're asking about here?  Because that's
easy -- go to the configuration menu, to Builtins, to Sensors, and
configure.  Enable the sensor displays you want and go.

But I suspect what you're really asking is not "How do I get gkrellm to
show sensor readings?", but "How do I enable access to the sensor data in
the first place, regardless of what program is actually displaying the
temps/fan speeds/voltages?"  Correct?

-c

Yes. That is what I mean. ("How do I enable access to the sensor data in the first place, regardless of what program is actually displaying the temps/fan speeds/voltages? )

Jim