Re: root system type unknown in /etc/mtab

1. I do have ext3 in my kernel.
2. Yes, I converted from ext2 to ext3 properly.
3. I didn't edit /etc/mtab; I edited /etc/fstab, but when the mount command listed the root partition as unknown I READ (but did NOT edit) /etc/mtab. /etc/fstab clearly says ext3 for /dev/hda3 and it seems to be mounting as such according to dmesg output; it's only the output of mount and what I saw in /etc/mtab that concerned me. thanks for taking the time to respond though; sorry I didn't make what I had already done more specific.

--
Cheryl