From: Alexander Rau (private) [mailto:alexander_rau@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 3:40 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: smtp install error Debian Woody PPC

Hi:

I am trying to re-install smtpd. I am wanting to use exim.

I am getting the following error:

debian-box:~# apt-get install smtpd
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  smtpd
0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0  not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/49.1kB of archives. After unpacking 225kB will be used.
Selecting previously deselected package smtpd.
(Reading database ... 18782 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking smtpd (from .../smtpd_2.0-5_powerpc.deb) ...
Setting up smtpd (2.0-5) ...
/usr/share/sendmail/sendmail not found/executable, aborting.
dpkg: error processing smtpd (--configure):
 smtpd

Thank you,

AR