Re: Debian vs. other distros

Adam Funk wrote:

On Tuesday 08 June 2004 17:10, Kent West wrote:

By sending the above email? No. Instead, you want to go to
http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/subscribe
and select the "debian-user" list and then scroll to the bottom and
enter your email.

You'll then get an email, to which you must reply (from the same email
address). Then you'll get a confirmation saying you're subscribed.

Do you not have to subscribe in order to post to the list?  I use the
newsgroup version of the list and it bounced my posts until I
subscribed.  I thought this was an anti-spam measure.

Not unless that's been implemented fairly recently, but then, I'm no reputable source for this info . . . :-0

--
Kent