Re: I am Newbie, what newsreader should I be using?

On 05/30/04 05:05, Jim Walsh wrote:
Dear Linux friends,

I am posting this with Pan (version 0.14.2). It is evidently the latest
version. FYI, I am a debian Linux user, with only modest computing skills
(i.e., I still don't understand "regular expressions").

I wonder if any of you would recommend another newsreader? I have an ADSL
connection, if that matters.

Thanks for considering the question.

Love, Jim

Jim,

I still don't understand "regular expressions"

Me neither, actually.  I'm a desktop user, not a programmer or sysadmin.

You posted to the newsgroup which is a one-way gateway from the debian user mail list, debian-user@lists.debian.org . So only those of us who read linux.debian.user will see your post. You'll get more results by posting to the mail list and from readers of this reply.

I'm reading and replying with Mozilla-thunderbird, which is a very neat mail and news client with spam filtering and OpenPGP encryption support.

Info:  http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/
Install the debian package:
apt-get install mozilla-thunderbird mozilla-thunderbird-enigmail mozilla-thunderbird-typeaheadfind

Enjoy!
Ralph