Re: Reset sound card in alsa?

Paul Galbraith wrote:
Every once in a while when I boot my machine, my sound card only produces noise and I need to reboot again to get it cleared up. Does
anyone know of a way to reset (for lack of a better word) my card so
that I don't need to reboot the machine?  I'm using 2.4.25 kernel
with sarge alsa packages.

If it's actually a physical state of the card needing to be reset, then I suppose you would need driver support for that.

Have you tried just removing and reinstalling the modules, e.g. modprobe and modprobe -r?

dircha