Re: Missing Modules for lm_sensors, where do they come from?

On Mon, 31 May 2004 21:41:32 +0200
Brian <Brian_Dorling@t-online.de> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am currently trying to get lm_sensors installed. Sensors-detect seemed
> to go OK. In fact all seems to be going OK until the IT87 modules should
> be loaded. There I get "module not found". And sure enough the module is
> not there.
>
> Reading much of the lm_sensors stuff did not tell me where the module
> should come from, especially where the correct one for my machine etc
> should come from.
>
> I was installing the lm-sensors 2.8.6-11 package for Debian. Looking
> in that package file I saw no obvious modules in there.
>
> So could someone please point me to where the module should normally
> come from, and also where it would normally be placed too?

Did you try Googling?  What did you find?  Or how about the archives
of this mailing list?  This has been discussed here many times.

Briefly:  the lm-sensors packages, as the package description says,
contains *utilities* for reading the sensors.  It doesn't contain
the actual kernel modules necessary.  For that, you're going to need
to download either one of the module packages ("lm-sensors-kernelversion")
if you're running a stock Debian kernel, or build your own from
the package lm-sensors-source if you've got a custom kernel.  You'll
also need i2c modules ("i2c-kernelversion" or "i2c-source") as well.

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)