Best UPS for Linux?

I must replace my Belkin UPS which was damaged by a power surge. I have been happy enough with it and the Bulldogdry software for linux. Its internal software got fried when we were hit by a lightning indiced [pwer surge but the computer behind it was uscathed.

I ask the question, "What is the best UPS for Linux." only because in response to a recent posting someone asked why I didn't buy a UPS from a manufacturer which explicitly supported Linux. I checked five different manufacturers at CompUSA and ran several google searches. Every UPS I found, Belkin included, explicitly supported only Microsoft and MacIntosh. Belkin, I know, does include shutdown software for Linux although there is nothing to this effect on the box. Based on my experience I will stick with Belkin unless someone can point me to a manufacturer with the courage to put "Supports Linux" on the outside of their boxes.

Tom George