Missing Modules for lm_sensors, where do they come from?

Hi,
I am currently trying to get lm_sensors installed. Sensors-detect seemed to go OK. In fact all seems to be going OK until the IT87 modules should be loaded. There I get "module not found". And sure enough the module is not there.

Reading much of the lm_sensors stuff did not tell me where the module should come from, especially where the correct one for my machine etc should come from.

I was installing the lm-sensors 2.8.6-11 package for Debian. Looking
in that package file I saw no obvious modules in there.

So could someone please point me to where the module should normally come from, and also where it would normally be placed too?

Cheers Brian