Re: USB driver for digital camera?

Micha Feigin <michf@post.tau.ac.il> wrote:

If its twain compatible its probably not acting as a usb-storage device
but more probably using a scanner or webcam interface.

You could try the webcam software such as gphoto2 and friends (depends
on video for linux in the kernel IIRC) or I think there is also a
camera backend for (x)sane.

I have installed both gphoto2 and xsane, but neither one detects the camera. (The camera IS on the list of EXPERIMENTAL cameras supported by gphoto2.) After installing xsane I did a 'modprobe scanner', but that did not solve the problem for either program. Is there some other module that should be loaded, or another package that is not listed in the dependancies that I need?

Marc Shapiro