Re: lynx and google.com

Albert Cahalan <albert@users.sf.net> wrote:

>> Nope, sid still gives "Bad Request".
>>
>> However, debian.org works fine ...... curious ....because
>> http://www.google.com definitely won't work on my sid box. One of
>> life's little mysteries ;)

> I think we're getting proxied by Comcast. I have lynx
> in two places, neither of which has been recently upgraded.

I'm on Comcast.  Comcast has problems, but that's not one of them.

> Still working, and NOT on a Comcast network:
> Lynx Version 2.8.3rel.1 (23 Apr 2000)
> Built on osf5.0 Sep 18 2000 14:56:05

> Recently failing, on a Comcast cable modem:
> Lynx Version 2.8.4rel.1 (17 Jul 2001)
> libwww-FM 2.14, SSL-MM 1.4.1, GNUTLS 0.8.6
> Built on linux-gnu May 3 2003 01:32:20

The only repeatable clue I've seen was the size of the mime.types file -
lynx was Accept'ing all of it.  The current lynx code makes that more
configurable (and by default turns off most of it).

The current version of lynx is 2.8.5

It's available at
	ftp://lynx.isc.org/lynx/lynx2.8.5/
2.8.6 Development & patches: