Re: Very OT (and probably politically incorrect) - trivial programming language

On 2004-05-30, Steve Lamb penned:

>     Ungh, be a little more patronizing please.  Having a child is
>     *NOT* something anyone should do unless they absolutely want to.
>     It is unlike virtually every other choice in this life;
>     irreversable.  You simply cannot undo having a child.  There are
>     quite enough people in the world right now, let's not be insulting
>     and presume that we need or want another unwanted one from someone
>     who's expressed that preference.

Ignoring the first sentence, I agree.

I'm a very selfish person right now; I don't get enough sleep, enough
toys, and enough time with my hubby as is.  I don't have the time and
resources for a dog, so I don't have one of those, either.  Even though,
in marked contrast to children, I actually want a dog.

--
monique