USB driver for digital camera?

My wife just bought me a Polaroid PhotoMAX 640 SE for Fathers' Day, at a yard sale. It seems to be complete with everything except the original batteries and I am trying to get it working under Linux. It says that it is TWAIN compatible and comes with both a USB and a serial adapter. I am hoping to use the USB connector.

I am running Sarge and have just installed kernel 2.4.26-1-k7. I have had USB running to sync with my HandSpring Visor and I now have the usb-storage.o module loading from /etc/modules.

When I plug the camera in and turn it on, however, I get a message saying that USB has detected the new device, but that there is no active driver for it. Is there a linux driver/kernel module that I need to load to use this device?

Any and all help will be appreciated, as I would really like to be able to use this camera.

BTW, Polaroid is not manufacturing the camera any more and never developed drivers for Linux, or Mac. No wonder it is no longer in production!