Re: X not starting on Intel 845G

On Sun, 30 May 2004 09:30:06 +0200, H.A. Sujith wrote:

> I have debian 3.0r2 woody. I have an on board graphics controller Intel
> 845G/L (Brookdale). X server is not starting on my computer. It gives
> the error "No devices detected". I have tried everything from Modifying
[snip]

Which X driver modules are you using? You should be using either i810 or
fb, either of which will work as long as you get the right refresh rates.

> BTW, I am also not able to play MP3s using mpg123/mpg321. It says unable
> to open any libao drivers for device .(libao is installed). I have an on
> board sound card that came with the 845G chipset -- ICH(?).

This will most likely use the i810_audio kernel module, wihch you can load
with modconf.

--
Stephen Patterson http://patter.mine.nu/
steveSPAM@.patter.mine.nu  remove SPAM to reply