Re: Messages from cron daemon and exim_tidydb

On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 10:11:44AM -0400, Marc Shapiro wrote:
> What do these messages from the cron daemon mean?
>
>    Failed to open DB file /var/spool/exim/db/retry: File exists
>
> and
>
>    Failed to open DB file /var/spool/exim/db/wait-remote_smtp: File exists
>
> I get these messages every morning from the cron daemon.  Both of these
> files do exist, as well as .lockfiles for each of them.  What do I need
> to do to correct the problem and stop getting these messages?  Should I
> delete the .lockfiles?  Should I delete all four files?  Should I do
> something else entirely?  This does not SEEM to be causing problems on
> my system, but something is obviously not right.  Any help will be
> appreciated.

I get these too, on two distinct systems running unstable. I was
planning on reporting a bug on it but I've been sitting my finals.
Consider filing one yourself, if I haven't by the time you read this :-)

One of my systems is a full listening SMTP server and another is a
satellite system, both exhibit the problem after an upgrade.

--
Jon Dowland