Re: OT - trivial programming language

On Sat, May 29, 2004 at 12:41:53PM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> Micha Feigin wrote:
> > You don't have same power of scrolling, searching, syntax highlighting,
> > customizable indentation etc. as with a proper editor.
>
>     Only one of those claims is true.  I'll leave it as an exercise to you to
> figure out which one.  It'll be good for you as a learning process.

Scrolling depends on several things and off course you can scroll back
using the console with more and cat if you configure it to save enough
lines and scroll both ways with less and most but its not as powerful
as a full editor.

Searching does work but usually not as good and more cumbersome.

Syntax highlighting (at least full syntax highlighting), you certainly
don't have.

And last if its no trouble with customizable indentation then you no
longer have any claim against tabs.

BTW if you have problems with my indentation you can always do (in a
proper programming editor) select all and re-indent (not with python
according to what people said here which is exactly what I have against
using syntax for figuring context, beside the fact that it sounds very
error prone in that respect, I prefer the {} method.