Re: How long can we avoid using kernel 2.6.x ?

On 28 May 2004, Philippe Berini wrote:
> * Joris Huizer <jorishuizer@planet.nl> [Fri, May 28, 2004 at 05:25:34PM +0200]:
>
> > You are supposed to use libusb for sane in the 2.6 kernel. There is a
> > little discription on that at
> > http://www.freecolormanagement.com/sane/libusb.html
>
> Silly me ! And it's explained here as well !
>
> http://www.sane-project.org/README.linux
>
> Thanks very much !
>
> --
> Philippe Berini

As I noted earlier, magicfilter doesn't work properly with 2.6. Has
anyone tried apsfilter? I prefer magicfilter but could use apsfilter if
I have to - just don't ask me to use Cups, please!

Anthony

--
ac@acampbell.org.uk    ||  http://www.acampbell.org.uk
using Linux GNU/Debian ||  for book reviews, electronic