Re: OT - trivial programming language

s. keeling wrote:
> Indentation is syntactical in python.  No, I don't know why.

    Better to ask why in most other languages there are two syntaxes.  One for
the computer, one for the human.

    This is legal:
if (foo){bar;}lese{baz;}

    So is this:
if (foo)
{
bar;
}
else
{
baz;
}

    But we're taught to do this (or something like it):
if (foo)
{
    bar;
}
else
{
    baz;
]

    So make the machine read that like the human does and take out the
portions the machine needs and what are you left with?

if (foo)
    bar
else
    baz

    If we're taught to code that way *anyway* then we should make it
significant because it is.