Re: OT - trivial programming language

On 2004-05-28, Einstein9112@yahoo.com penned:

> s. keeling wrote:
>>
>> However, this is likely only a problem for those of us who hate tabs.
>> Those who like tabs are blissfully ignorant of the problems they
>> cause.  Thankfully, we've found ways to deal with this ridiculous
>> preference of yours (man expand, man unexpand, perldoc Text::Tabs,
>> ...).
>
> What kind of problems do using tabs cause?

Let's start with this:

Your editor may not display tabs as the same number of characters as my
editor does.

Your or my editor may not let you set the tab display size.

Your or my editor may not let you display tabs as "special characters".

I may or may not feel like changing my tabwidth settings just to read
your g*dd*mn code!

--
monique