Re: cdrom does not un-mounts

On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 06:54:14PM +0100, Iain Mac Donald wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-05-28 at 18:23, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
> > man fuser
> > man lsof
> >
> > IIRC:
> > The commands above *might* mean you're getting logged out of X at times
> > .. not being sure ... :)
> > Most of the time is FAMD, or something like that, that prevents
> > umounting the CDROM here.
> If you are running Gnome you could try something like
> 	gksu "/etc/init.d/fam stop"
> umount the cd followed by
> 	gksu "/etc/init.d/fam start"

My brother has problems unmounting his zip drive. It is _always_ famd
which is blocking things. What the hell does it do? Yes, I've read the
manpage, but the only time we notice it is when it is blocking some
umount. Quite irritating.

David

--
Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!