Re: Multiple linux systems..

Ishwar Rattan <ishwar@pali.cps.cmich.edu> writes:

> I am running Debian(2.6.5) testing/unstable, the disk
> config is:
>
> /dev/hda1  swap
> /dev/hda5  /
> /dev/hda6  not used
> /dev/hda7  not used
>
> Is it possible to install say fedora core 2 on /dev/hda6 as 'root'
> and boot+use the two system (one at a time of course)?

Yes, that's no problem.

> If so how to resolve the multiple partiotions as / problem
> during install (boot looks ok)?

You need a bootloader.
It will display a menu at boot time and lets you choose which OS to boot.

So first make your choice which bootloader like GRUB or LILO.
Read about them a bit and take your choice...

I'd suggest to first install it on a floppy (if your computer has one),
to try it out.

Good luck, Robert Epprecht