Re: Compromised-machine?? netbus- request from my debian-sid machine to outside IP to port 12345

Paul Johnson wrote:

tripolar <tripolar@comcast.net> writes:

I see hits from my debian machine to 81.53.*.* port 12345 - under
service it says "netbus"
I dont think I installed netbus. Could my machine be compromised?

I doubt it.  Are you using PortSentry or some other port monitoring
system?

I dont think so- The only thing I know of is firestarter (firewall). I received some more messages the same except this time ports 1234 ( service subseven) but going to a different outside IP.