Re: recompiling the kernel with APM support

Incoming from Luis Finotti:

> I did not quite follow your suggestion, though.  It
> seems that I can't/shouldn't change the
> kernel-image-2.4.18-k7 manually, and even if I could
> do it, I would not know exactly how to change it...

No, you shouldn't.  You should see from that config how that kernel
was built, assuming you'd like to build another kernel using those
features.  The trick there is "make oldconfig" to use that other
config file to seed the new kernel's config, then add your changes on
top of the baseline it provided.

- -