Re: Replicating Debian Systems

Adam Aube said:
> Loren M. Lang wrote:
>
>> I may have to rapidly deploy multiple debian systems that will have
>> the same software installed and be configured the same way.  The ideal
>> way to install debian would be to stick a cd into a computer, turn it
>> on, and come back a couple hours later.
>
> I have seen System Imager (www.systemimager.org) recommended on the list
> before, though I have not yet had a chance to try it myself.

Print out the manual.
It takes awhile to setup/configure.

I use it to maintain 100 lab machines and 5-10 servers.
Works wonderful.
I have dhcp reservations for all the machines, so I can just boot off the
cd and do a complete automated install.
Or I can connect with ssh and do an upgrade from within the image to a
newer version of the image.
Don't use 3.3 yet, as they appear to still be ironing out bugs.

--
--Luke CS Sysadmin, Montana State University-Bozeman