Re: BroadCom net card (bcm4400 kernel module) and sarge installer

On Thu, 27 May 2004 10:02:03 +1000, Rua Haszard Morris wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to install Debian.  The problem is (i think) that my NIC is
>not detected/set up properly.
>
>I was running knoppix, and had successfully set up network using a
>downloaded bcm4400 module
>(http://www.broadcom.com/drivers/downloaddrivers.php), so I'm guessing
>that there is some way I can use this module early in the
>debian-installer process (i.e. before DHCP attempt) to enable the net card.
>
>How do I do this?

I'm a fellow newbie and had the same problem.  After getting a lot of
bad advice I finally had to install it from source.  I forgot where I
got it but the filename was bcm4400-2.0.5.something.

Please leave this.  It is a filter term.
ferulebezel
Mark Healey
deblist@healeyonline.com
Don't bothor CCing or emailing this address.  Since spammers seem to be harvesting this
list anything that doesn't come from the list server is assumed to be spam and deleted.
ASUS A87V8X mobo w AMD Athalon
	Broadcom 4401 onboard nic
	with static IP Address
ATI All-In-Wonder 9700 Video card.