Re: failure to start gnome settings daemon

On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 08:52:03PM -0500, hanasaki wrote:
> How can the package containing the gnome settings daemon be found?
> Tried search with apt-cache search and the Debian web site search
> utilities to no avail.
>
> When logging in under gnome it is reported that the setting daemon fails
> to start.  This is gnome 2.6.x from experimental.

it's dribling into unstable.

what's wierd is that when I did an aptitude upgrade today, dlocate -S
gnome-set reported capplets contained /usr/bin/gnome-settings-daemon,
and I had capplets installed, but the file
/usr/bin/gnome-settings-daemon wasn't present.

I undid all of todays changes and will just wait a week or two.
There's a lot of gnome brokenness now in unstable, apparently.