Re: recompiling the kernel with APM support

Luis Finotti wrote:
Dear all,

I recently upgraded my kernel from 2.4.3 to 2.4.18-k7
(I'm running a 1.2GHz Athlon) and now my computer
won't turn off the power with "shutdown -h".  (I did
the "apt-get install kernel-image-2.4.18-k7" way.) The old kernel did turn off the power.

After I little research, it seems that I need to
recompile the kernel with APM support.  (I tried
adding "append="apm=on"" to lilo.conf, but it did not
work.)

Can any one tell me how do I do that, or give me some
reference?

You must also, in addition to modifying the kernel
command line, insert the apm module.

# echo "apm" >>/etc/modules

-Roberto