xserver-tinyx-fbdev

I got ahold of an older laptop to which I've installed Debian Sid.  Since
it's a low memory setup, I'd like to use one of those xvesa thingies
rather than a full-blown Xwindows.  I've noted that there seems to be
something like this in Debian unstable: it's called xserver-tinyx-fbdev.
So, I apt-get(ted) it.  I can't quite figure out what to do from here,
though.  startx doesn't do anything, nor does x, xvesa or any other
sensible command I can think of (by "doesn't do anything" I mean the
system comes back with the message that it doesn't know the command when I
issue it).  Can anyone here help me get this low-resource gui (if that
really is what this package is for) thing sorted out and working on my
system?

Thanks, James