Project Management

I've been asked to look for some web/email-based program for managing
projects or tasks.  This specific application is for setting up training
classes that require a number of things to happen at given times, but
mostly it's the same sequence of events for each class.  They want to
have email reminders sent out when it's time to do various events.

I looked at phpgroupware a little, but it seems like more than they need
(although I suppose they would only need to install a few modules).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

--
Bill Moseley