Re: Replicating Debian Systems

Thanks Ralph! I'm downloading the Beta 4 CDs right now :)

Can you (or anyone else) perhaps also give me a pointer to how I would add drivers or kernel mods that weren't included in the distribution during the installation process?

I'd like to know in case I need to do it in the future (and just for my own edification :) ).

Moe

Ralph Crongeyer wrote:
Yup beta 4 does have the e1000 drivers on it. I installed this box with beta 3 and it had them also. But 4 also has them.

Ralph

After trying to get Debian deployed in a client project for over a year,
  I've been successfuly in having it approved for use on a 6-server
project that we're doing.

But, I've got a problem that I'd like some direction with.

My experience with Debian has basically been that I've had no problem
getting the actual distribution up and running -- I simply install from
the Sarge ISOs on CD, and then customize what I want or upgrade to Sid
in some cases.

But in my first attempt at installing on these boxes, using my Beta 2
Installer, I got an error message that it didn't have drivers for the
E1000 gigabit nics on these servers. (I've never used a gigabit nics
before with Debian, only with FC and RH).

Here's my question:

a) does Beta 4 have the e1000 drivers?

b) If not, how do I load the e1000 drivers during the install? Or for
that matter, how do I load ANY drivers during install that aren't part
of the Sarge or Sid distributions?

Thanks for any advice!

Moe