Re: Replicating Debian Systems

After trying to get Debian deployed in a client project for over a year, I've been successfuly in having it approved for use on a 6-server project that we're doing.

But, I've got a problem that I'd like some direction with.

My experience with Debian has basically been that I've had no problem getting the actual distribution up and running -- I simply install from the Sarge ISOs on CD, and then customize what I want or upgrade to Sid in some cases.

But in my first attempt at installing on these boxes, using my Beta 2 Installer, I got an error message that it didn't have drivers for the E1000 gigabit nics on these servers. (I've never used a gigabit nics before with Debian, only with FC and RH).

Here's my question:

a) does Beta 4 have the e1000 drivers?

b) If not, how do I load the e1000 drivers during the install? Or for that matter, how do I load ANY drivers during install that aren't part of the Sarge or Sid distributions?

Thanks for any advice!

Moe